Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces for straightening teeth. The clear aligners are virtually invisible and can be removed for eating and cleaning, making them a convenient option for many patients. However, if you’re considering Invisalign, you may be wondering what the treatment process involves. In this article, we’ll walk you through the Invisalign treatment process, from start to finish.
The Invisalign treatment process
Consultation and evaluation
The first step in the Invisalign treatment process is a consultation with an Invisalign dentist. At Cyncoed Dental Practice, our experienced team will evaluate your teeth and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you. This involves taking impressions of your teeth, which will be used to create a 3D model of your mouth. With this model, we can show you what your teeth will look like after Invisalign treatment.
Customised treatment plan
Based on the 3D model of your mouth, our team will create a customised treatment plan for you. This plan will outline the exact movements that your teeth will go through during treatment, and it will also estimate how long your treatment will take. At Cyncoed Dental Practice, we will work with you to make sure that your treatment plan fits your lifestyle and budget.
Receiving your aligners
Once your treatment plan is finalised, we will create a series of custom-made Invisalign aligners for you. Each set of aligners will be worn for about two weeks, and then you will switch to the next set in the series. Each set of aligners will gradually move your teeth into the desired position.
Wearing your aligners
Wearing your Invisalign aligners is easy and convenient. You’ll wear them for 20-22 hours a day, and you’ll remove them for eating, brushing, and flossing. It’s important to keep your aligners clean and to follow our instructions for care and maintenance.
During your treatment, you’ll come in for progress check-ups every six to eight weeks. At these appointments, we’ll evaluate your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan. These check-ups are important to ensure that your treatment is on track and that you’re happy with the results.
Once your Invisalign treatment is complete, you’ll move on to the retention phase. This involves wearing a retainer to maintain your newly straightened teeth. At Cyncoed Dental Practice, we offer different types of retainers, including clear retainers that are similar to Invisalign aligners.
Benefits of Invisalign treatment
Invisalign treatment offers several benefits over traditional braces. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Improved Aesthetics: One of the primary benefits of Invisalign is that the clear aligners are virtually invisible, which makes them a more aesthetically pleasing option than metal braces. The clear aligners allow you to straighten your teeth without the noticeable wires and brackets that come with traditional braces.
- Removable Aligners: Another benefit of Invisalign is that the aligners are removable. Unlike traditional braces, you can take out the aligners when you eat, brush, and floss, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene during treatment. With traditional braces, food can get stuck in the wires and brackets, making it difficult to clean your teeth effectively.
- Comfortable Treatment: Invisalign aligners are made from a smooth, comfortable plastic material, which makes them much more comfortable than traditional braces. The aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth, which means they won’t rub against your gums or cause irritation.
- Faster Treatment Time: Invisalign treatment typically takes less time than traditional braces. While treatment times vary depending on the complexity of the case, Invisalign treatment typically takes between 12 and 18 months, while traditional braces can take up to two years or more.
- Predictable Results: Invisalign aligners are custom-made for your teeth using advanced 3D imaging technology, which means that your dentist can predict the outcome of your treatment before you even start. This makes it easier to plan your treatment and ensures that you’ll get the results you’re looking for.
- Improved Oral Health: Invisalign treatment can help improve your oral health in several ways. By straightening your teeth, you can reduce the risk of developing gum disease and tooth decay, since it’s easier to clean your teeth properly when they’re properly aligned. In addition, Invisalign aligners don’t have wires or brackets that can irritate your gums or cause sores in your mouth.
- Fewer Dental Visits: With Invisalign treatment, you typically need to visit the dentist every six to eight weeks to check on your progress and receive your next set of aligners. With traditional braces, you typically need to visit the dentist every four to six weeks for adjustments, which can be more time-consuming and inconvenient.
Q: Will Invisalign treatment be painful?
A: Invisalign treatment is generally not painful, but you may experience some discomfort or pressure during the first few days of wearing a new set of aligners. This is normal and should subside after a few days.
Q: How long does Invisalign treatment take?
A: The length of your Invisalign treatment will depend on the complexity of your case. On average, treatment takes about 12-18 months, but some cases may be shorter or longer.
Q: Can I eat and drink with my Invisalign aligners?
A: You should remove your aligners before eating or drinking anything other than water. This will prevent staining and damage to the aligners.
Invisalign treatment is a popular and effective way to straighten your teeth without traditional braces. The treatment process involves a series of clear aligners that gradually shift your teeth into their desired position. If you are interested in Invisalign Cardiff, contact Cyncoed Dental Practice to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists. We can evaluate your case and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you.